*Drumroll* You know how as "women of color" we always question what's the right shade for us depending on our skin, undertone and other problem that may arise. But worry not cause Beauty Revolution has something for you Courtesy, the amazing make up artist and You Tuber Dodos, in her video: MY TOP 10 FOUNDATIONS FOR DARK SKIN GIRLS. She basically gives a run down of TOP 10 foundation for black girls (women of color) and also tips and things to look out for in regard to foundation from light coverage to full coverage. So here it goes;
- Maybelline New York Fit me! Foundation 355 coconut. it is a light to medium coverage foundation. They have a wide range of color for women of color and a beautiful thing is it does not oxidize.
- CLINQUE Chubby in the nude Foundation Stick. One remarkable attribute of the foundation is its ease in application, it is tube like so i helps to blend easily. Plus it feels light when applied.
- LANCOME Teint Idole Ultra is a medium coverage foundation with a golden undertone which claims to be 24 hours but lasts for about 16 hours and it also has SPF which means you don't have to apply sunscreen.
- MAC Matchmaster foundation this Foundation is believed to be the first brand of foundation to begin with.
- GIORGIO ARMANI Luminous Silk Foundation.
- Black Opal True Color Foundation Stick. This in a darker shade can be easily used for contour & highlight. Plus it has an awesome coverage but it is not advisable for persons with oily skin.
- Black up Matifying Fluid Foundation . In Dodos perspective Black up has mastered the different shades of foundation for women of color and it is highly for people with oily skin.
- Black Opal Even True flawless skin liquid makeup- It is long lasting and very creamy and highly recommended.
- Black up Full Coverage. This is your go to foundation for long lasting foundation and full coverage. it is slightly matifying and it is good to note not to put so much it is really creamy and the price is quite expensive but totally worth it. *wink.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation.
And one last tip she added, for summertime "LESS IS MORE" especially is countries that are humid in nature, for examle, Nigeria. it is adivisable to be a minimal amount of foundation. it is also important to consider your skin type when picking foundation (oily skin, dry skin and a combo of both). There it is dolls.